Manly confirm Foran re-signing
Manly have confirmed the worst-kept secret in the NRL, announcing late on Saturday night that Kieran Foran has signed a deal that keeps the star five-eighth at the club until the end of 2015.
The 21-year-old New Zealand international has agreed to terms on a new three-year contract, securing his future with halves partner and 2011 Dally M rookie of the year Daly Cherry-Evans.
Bulldogs coach Des Hasler had been desperate to lure Foran across to Belmore after walking out on the Sea Eagles after guiding the club to last year’s premiership.
But Foran said he was looking forward to furthering his career at the club that gave him his start.
“This has been the toughest decision of my life, but I love playing with my mates and playing with a club that has such a great culture and strong values,” he said.
“I’d like to thank everyone for their patience during this process.”
Foran made his NRL debut for the Sea Eagles in 2009 and has represented New Zealand in seven Test matches.
But Manly coach Geoff Toovey said Foran was destined for even greater heights.
“Kieran has a fantastic future at this great club,” Toovey said.
“Despite enormous outside pressure, he’s handled this process very professionally and it’s a great reflection of the club’s spirit, culture and camaraderie that he has decided to stay.”© AAP 2014