Mundine set to appeal Green loss

By AAP,

Anthony Mundine will be in action against Tommy Browne on January 17th. (AAP Image/David Mariuz)

The fall-out from Friday night’s boxing bout between Danny Green and Anthony Mundine has continued with Mundine suggesting he may appeal the result and also calling Green a “bitch.”

“I know I whipped his arse again,” Mundine, speaking on the Caravan Conversations podcast, said.

“I whipped his arse for the second time two-nil, two zero. It ruins the credibility of the sport judging like this, officiating like this. It dampens a great sport, man.

“I did what I had to do. My passion got the better of me at times. I didn’t think that I was going to back him up, but I was backing him up. Basically, he was being a bitch. I wanted to fight, to engage, and all he wanted to do was to hold.”

Green, who said after the majority decision there was “no chance” he won by eight points, was magnanimous after his win.

“He’s a class act, man. I have always liked watching him fight,” Green said of Mundine.

“I can tell you now, he’s got no s**t in him. He’s a goer, because I hit him with a couple of good shots and he came back hard.

“He’s digging hard and really trying to put me away. And as a fighter, you become endeared to the bloke.

Mundine ruled out a third bout between the pair in an interview with Fairfax Media.

“What’s the point? The same s**t could happen again,” Mundine said.

“Because of what I said in the past and my out-of-the-ring characteristics in terms of voicing my opinion, it played against me.

“It’s not [handled] in a professional manner, it’s like they pre-judge.

“I make it hard for myself or they make it hard for me. They don’t judge me fairly.”

© AAP 2018

February 5th 2017 @ 9:11am
      steve b said | February 5th 2017 @ 9:11am | ! Report

Love this guy or hate him every true boxing fan knows he won the fight and so does every pro trainer and boxer.
      Its a blight on our sport to except blatant wrong decisions and sweep it under the carpet .Its time the governing body got of their bums got some balls and did the right thing .A true ripoff from every angle.

• February 5th 2017 @ 2:29pm
        Oingo Boingo said | February 5th 2017 @ 2:29pm | ! Report

Open the other eye now.
        The wrong decision was to not disqualify Mungbean for his king hit, should have been over and done with in the first round , the guy is a devisiive grub and deserves zero respect.

• February 5th 2017 @ 3:26pm
          McNaulty said | February 5th 2017 @ 3:26pm | ! Report

How can there be a king hit in the ring?
          Green dropped his gloves and looked at the ref. Mundine wasn’t even aware the ref was separating them as he was on the other side of Green – if Floyd Mayweather did it would be play on.

• February 5th 2017 @ 3:27pm
            Oingo Boingo said | February 5th 2017 @ 3:27pm | ! Report

Geez , you must have both eye wide shut .

February 6th 2017 @ 6:00am
          steve b said | February 6th 2017 @ 6:00am | ! Report

Mate don’t care about the personality of the fighters the decision was wrong end of story.

• February 6th 2017 @ 3:20pm
            Oingo Boingo said | February 6th 2017 @ 3:20pm | ! Report

The punch was illegal and he should have been disqualified… end of story !

• February 5th 2017 @ 5:48pm
      Farqueue said | February 5th 2017 @ 5:48pm | ! Report

If you knew anything about boxing you would realise that one of the final instructions to the boxers is “protect yourself at all times”. I have seen green hit with massive bombs and hardly rocked but a left hook from mundine puts him in Disneyland….He was taking hits from cruiserweights but suddenly he is smashed by a guy who was fighting last at junior middleweight.