Arnold to look at Sydney’s slow starts

By AAP,

Sydney FC coach Graham Arnold will look at his team’s pre-game preparations after expressing concern about some tardy starts.

The Sky Blues were in danger of losing an A-League home match for the first time since April 2016, when they conceded the first two goals in Saturday’s derby against Western Sydney Wanderers.

Headers from Spanish striker Oriel Riera and defender Brendan Hamill threatened to earn the Wanderers their first win in six attempts and four years at Allianz Stadium.

Sydney pulled a goal back from a Bobo penalty just before halftime and Josh Brillante equalised just after the hour.

“Two sloppy goals, two terrible goals that we conceded,” Arnold said.

“Something I need to to address is our start in games.

“It’s not the first time we’ve started like that, but to show the character that we did was fantastic.”

Asked for the reason behind the the sluggish starts Arnold said “there seems to be a long time between coming in after the warm-up and going out.

“It’s probably a good 10, 12 minutes, so we need to do something around that.”

Sydney have conceded four goals in their first two home games, as many as they did at home throughout the entire 2016-17 regular season.

The Wanderers continued their unbeaten start to the campaign, but Arnold wasn’t keen to talk about them when asked if he thought they would be a threat this season.

“I’d rather look at us, I don’t want to talk about the opposition,” Arnold said.

“It’s all about us and making sure that we’re ready and we’re prepared the right way, and we’ve got a gam plan in place.

“It’s the first time we’ve played them this year, so it’s clear you can see that they only play long and direct, so we’ll be ready for that next time.”

Arnold also revealed Polish international winger Adrian Mierzejewsk came close to playing on Saturday despite having a hamstring issue.

“Hamstring (injury lengths) are always whatever the physios say (and) you add one week just to make sure but he’ll be fine for next week,” he said.

© AAP 2018

• October 22nd 2017 @ 1:32pm
      Caltex TEN & SBS support Australian Football said | October 22nd 2017 @ 1:32pm | ! Report

The Sydney derby game was an excellent game last night. Two teams equally as good as each other on the night and both teams playing impressive football. If fate has it’s way—these two teams will meet in the FFA cup final and that would be a fitting finale for the FFA Cup. You could also be forgiven for imagining a sell-out crowd for this game after last night, even tho, it will be a midweek-night-fixture.

• October 22nd 2017 @ 1:40pm
        Waz said | October 22nd 2017 @ 1:40pm | ! Report

You might need to imagine a sell out crowd for the ffa cup final after last nights game failed to get close to selling out. Crowds this season risk a massive fall of around 10% and tv ratings aren’t travelling much better. Hopefully someone at the FFA is concerned but I suspect they’re not.

The game itself was pretty good though, could have gone either way and if there’s question marks over Sydney’s slow starts equally there’s one over WSW’s ability to play for 90 minutes.

• October 22nd 2017 @ 1:58pm
          Buddy said | October 22nd 2017 @ 1:58pm | ! Report

Yep, crowd announcement was a bit of a shock. As I stated on another thred, members area is never full and last night I’d estimate it was 50% but that wasn’t the full story. The two ends were pretty full and the East terrace was bulging. There were spaces on the western side so I’m assuming upstairs on the east side was sparce? Leaving the ground and getting to central felt the same as any 40.000 plus crowd. I reckon someone has run off with the gate money! FFA cup ticket sales for semi final against Adelaide on Tuesday are slow and it will be a small crowd. Campbelltown is not a popular choice of venue and difficult to get to on a work night unless you are working locally or live in the area. As for final, if it was to be between the two NSW teams, I don’t personally see enough interest in it for the game to be a sell out but love to be proved wrong.

• October 22nd 2017 @ 2:12pm
            Waz said | October 22nd 2017 @ 2:12pm | ! Report

Yup. It is what it is. I think we need the civil war that blights our code to end and then some smart minds to think about the welfare of the game instead of themselves for a change. It’s not terminal but it’s certainly getting serious

• October 22nd 2017 @ 3:26pm
              TK said | October 22nd 2017 @ 3:26pm | ! Report

Plural I think waz Civil wars ? It’s never been any different over time at national or state level. As Stuart wrote recently self interest rules. Everyone thinks they are more deserving and I cant see anything that will change that. Fans just have to suck it up, though I accept that the administrative dramas will be detracting from other initiatives that the clubs and ffa could otherwise be focused on to grow the game.

• October 22nd 2017 @ 3:58pm
            Redondo said | October 22nd 2017 @ 3:58pm | ! Report

I agree Buddy – from past experience it looked more than 34,000. I was very surprised. Maybe someone forgot to carry the one when they added up.

Great game though. It would have been even better if Miersejewski had played and taken some attention off Ninkovic.

October 22nd 2017 @ 10:48pm
          Cousin Claudio said | October 22nd 2017 @ 10:48pm | ! Report

A-League attendance avge 2017/18 so far – 16,528
          A-League attendance avge 2016/17 – 12,294, includes finals series.

Increase over last season +34.45%.

Where’s any evidenence of a “massive fall of over 10%”

the Sydney derby rated very well thanks and was the second highest rating show on FTA last night.

Stop talking through your hat.

• October 22nd 2017 @ 4:17pm
      Realfootball said | October 22nd 2017 @ 4:17pm | ! Report

The crowd was a serious concern, particularly on the top of the 34k to the Melbourne derby. We definitely have a problem Houston, and it’s called Football Federation Australia.

This is what you get for a leadership vacuum, a complete lack of marketing and promotion, and a competition that has been dangerously static for at least three years. As an aficionado, I could see, in the media, interest slipping away.

FFA under Gallop have been an unmitigated disaster, and Stephen Lowy has made things considerably worse. These two low attendances, my friends, were accompanied by the sounds of chickens coming home to roost.

Lowy and Gallop must go for the good of the game. The only way forward is an independent A League and new leadership in FFA, leadership with a coherent vision for the future. Otherwise the A League will die a slow death by declining statistics. I fervently hope that FIFA intervenes with a normalisation committee.

Every negative uttered about Gallop while he was running the NRL has been demonstrated in his performance with the A League. Reactive, conservative, lacking in vision, unable to connect to the clubs. Yep, a full house.

Frank Lowy, for all the thanks we owe him, made three huge mistakes, the consequences of which are still with us like a dead albatross: the World Cup bid, the appointment of David Gallop, and asking everyone to look away from possibly the most extraordinary exercise in nepotism in Australian public life. I hasten to add here than I supported the second and third, though not the first, the WC bid, which always was wildly unrealistic. I was very, very wrong about Gallop, and should not have been apologist for the appointment of Stephen. At the time, I thought it was a case of means justifying the end. My academic background is in history and politics, and I should have known better.

One might be tempted to add Stephen as a third, but that would be harsh. I honestly believe that Stephen Lowy was handed a poisoned chalice.

• October 22nd 2017 @ 4:25pm
        Realfootball said | October 22nd 2017 @ 4:25pm | ! Report

Could not delete the last sentence I decided after I wrote it that SL had to be added as error number three.

I do indeed believe that the nature of his appointment and his father’s legacy of benign autocracy placed Stephen in an impossible situation. I also firmly believe that he believes he is acting in the interests for the game. But from here it doesn’t look like that is the way his actions are playing out.

I should also add a point about the WC bid. While I never thought it had a snowflake’s chance in hell, full credit to Frank Lowy for dreaming a big dream. Australia is short on visionaries, and Frank Lowy is a genuine visionary. My regret with the WC bid, the legacy that still haunts us now, is the chronic neglect of the A League that was a consequence of attention being elsewhere.

We find ourselves in similarly perilous straits now.

• October 22nd 2017 @ 4:50pm
          Buddy said | October 22nd 2017 @ 4:50pm | ! Report

The problem with a WC bid though is that you have no idea where you stand due to the methodology used to determine, combined with the historical corruption in so many areas where the word FIFA is attached. If you look at using the competition to help grow the game and you place it in places where it is not going to send a country bankrupt, and combine that with player and spectator comfort and then growing the game in that region Australia is a real contender. It has the infrastructure etc and whilst no doubt there would be problems acquiring stadiums if played during the AFL and Rugby League season, there is still a lot to offer, or at least it should all make sense!

October 22nd 2017 @ 10:53pm
        Cousin Claudio said | October 22nd 2017 @ 10:53pm | ! Report

A-League attendance avge 2017/18 so far – 16,528
        A-League attendance avge 2016/17 – 12,294, includes finals series.

Increase over last season +34.45%.

• October 22nd 2017 @ 11:57pm
        Redondo said | October 22nd 2017 @ 11:57pm | ! Report

SMH is reporting there was a technical error with the ticket scanners at Allianz and the attendance figure will be adjusted on Monday. No mention of how much the attendance was understated.

October 22nd 2017 @ 6:11pm
      Rick Disnick said | October 22nd 2017 @ 6:11pm | ! Report

Watched 3/4 of this game (missed the start). It appears a majority of the crowd were WSW fans. Embarrassing for a Sydney FC home game and derby.

This is the problem: The FFA got it all wrong with the first Sydney team. WSW should have been the first. This would have given the FFA a better idea of where to target its second team, away from Western Sydney and towards the Sutherland Shire & not just the Eastern Suburbs.

Secondly, although ‘sky blue’ is NSW’s colours, Sydney FC don’t represent the state. It’s a f$@cking hideous colour, which is just one of the many reasons Manchester City have played second fiddle to United for a majority of their existence. It’s just basic marketing, just like having an eel as a mascot is equally as stu@pid (I don’t care if they’re in the Parramatta River).

A third team is needed in this southern region; a team worthy of being the WSW’s rival. Sydney FC are an embarrassment to Australian sport — the reigning premier, which quite frankly, no one cares about.

They wear horrible colours, they’re uninspiring and worst of all: boring.

The WSW’s have the best colours and jersey in the league. They play exciting football (from what I’ve seen) and are never boring. It’s no wonder they have become the only team in the league someone like me is starting to respect.

Damn, I might even start supporting them, but that would require an opponent equally worthy of them, which doesn’t yet exist in the A-League.

• October 22nd 2017 @ 10:14pm
        Nemesis said | October 22nd 2017 @ 10:14pm | ! Report

“They play exciting football (from what I’ve seen) and are never boring”

Glad you watched & enjoyed what you saw. I think even the most staunch WSW fan would tell you that they were awful to watch last season.

As an outsider I would say WSW were:
        Debut season: Great to watch
        Yr2: Not bad
        Yr3: Awful to watch
        4th: Great to watch
        5th Awful to watch
        6th: So far, I’ve only seen them in the Derby & enjoyed what I saw.

• October 23rd 2017 @ 7:27am
          Buddy said | October 23rd 2017 @ 7:27am | ! Report

Nem – I think erratic is the adjective needed! The old Forrest Gump quote about life being a box of chocolates also comes to mind. The hardest thing almost from day one has been their performance in the final third of the pitch. I have always putthat down to TP building from the back and not focussing enough on scoring goals although finally it appears that the corner has been turned; time will tell although I always enjoy watching teams that produce goalscorers from all over the pitch….. lovely header from Hamill!

October 23rd 2017 @ 10:27am
            Rick Disnick said | October 23rd 2017 @ 10:27am | ! Report

Yeah, erratic is a good word, but erratic doesn’t need to be boring.

WSW has been anything but this from their inception.

It clearly resonates with the fans, which is why they’re probably the biggest A-League club in the competition. Victory, of course, might have something to say about this, but if I were a billionare, I know which club I’d be buying.

October 22nd 2017 @ 10:57pm
        Cousin Claudio said | October 22nd 2017 @ 10:57pm | ! Report

Which game were you watching.
        I was at the game and there seemed to me to be more blue supporters than red.

The idea of a derby, just to explain, is that both teams are in the same city, so both sets of supporters have easy access to the game and so you would expect the support to be about even.

Seeing Wanderers have more members, it was a fantastic effort from the SFC fans to outnumber the Wanderers fans.

• October 22nd 2017 @ 11:19pm
          Nemesis said | October 22nd 2017 @ 11:19pm | ! Report

“Seeing Wanderers have more members, it was a fantastic effort from the SFC fans to outnumber the Wanderers fans”

I thought it was a SydFC home match? Wouldn’t you expect SydFC to have more supporters?

October 23rd 2017 @ 1:28pm
            Cousin Claudio said | October 23rd 2017 @ 1:28pm | ! Report

Both sets of fans are in Sydney for derbies and have the same access to the Stadium. The derbies at ANZ Stadium are the same and good representation at both ends.

That’s what makes the derbies special.

The great distances between A-League teams hinders the attendances, especially when you have teams like Wellington playing Perth.

• October 23rd 2017 @ 1:42pm
              Nemesis said | October 23rd 2017 @ 1:42pm | ! Report

That doesn’t make sense. It’s a Sydney FC home match, so every Season Ticket holder for Sydney FC should have a seat at the match. I think Sydney has around 15,000 members this year so that means at least 15,000 fewer seats for WSW fans at a Sydney home game.

• October 23rd 2017 @ 2:22pm
                punter said | October 23rd 2017 @ 2:22pm | ! Report

Sometimes I do wonder about you!!!!

As a football fan, after the SFC season ticket holders got their tickets, you would know they would then allow the away fans to purchase their allocated lot, now after that tickets would be made available to football fans first via either the clubs special purchases, so thinking all of SFC already has theirs, most would go to WSW fans. then it would be open to the public.
                Sometimes I wonder.

• October 23rd 2017 @ 7:37pm
                Nemesis said | October 23rd 2017 @ 7:37pm | ! Report

That’s not how it works for a Melbourne Derby.

Home team members have seats already as part of Membership.

If Victory were to play its home Derby match at AAMI Park, it’s likely City would get 0 allocation.

AAMI Park Capacity = 30k
                MV members = 25k
                Corporate ticket allocation = 5k

• October 23rd 2017 @ 9:31am
          Caltex Ten & SBS support Australian Football said | October 23rd 2017 @ 9:31am | ! Report

This myth that WSW out number SFC supporters is ridiculous. Although, I was only viewing the TEN broadcast, it was clear enough for me to see that, on the eastern stand the Sky Blue was taking up more than 70% of the seating and the Paddington end was all Sky Blue. The Western stand although I could not see it, would mainly be SFC supporters and SFS members. Bosnich a WSW supporter likes to peddle this myth that, there’re always more WSW fans than SFC supporters trekking out to SFS—of course everyone knows, he wears red and black sun glasses.

October 23rd 2017 @ 10:29am
            Rick Disnick said | October 23rd 2017 @ 10:29am | ! Report

The very fact we can argue about it is evidence enough. Sydney FC should have outnumbered WSW fans easily. It was their home game and from where I was sitting, it looked like more WSW fans were there.

• October 23rd 2017 @ 10:52am
              Sydneysider said | October 23rd 2017 @ 10:52am | ! Report

I was at the game, 70-30 split to SFC.

Wanderers always get good numbers to the derby match but they are limited to the southern end and the 4 bays to the rights of that, plus mixed bays.

The crowd will probably be updated to 37,000 or so. The SFS members area was half empty so that accounts for the sub 40k figure.

However, what does need to happen is this FFA v stakeholders civil war needs to be resolved, with or without FIFA involvement.

No promotion, no marketing for this game except for the usual channels so to get that sort of crowd is still excellent but the signs are there that the competition needs something to breathe new life into it – that something should be expansion.

It needs to happen, along with an independent A-League.

Lowy and especially David Gallop need to go. Gallop cannot take the game any further forward. He has to go.

• October 23rd 2017 @ 6:31am
        punter said | October 23rd 2017 @ 6:31am | ! Report

I’m glad you went with open eyes (not) Rick.

October 23rd 2017 @ 10:24am
          Rick Disnick said | October 23rd 2017 @ 10:24am | ! Report

It did go with open eyes. Was in Vaucluse for the afternoon so I decided to go to the match after. Missing the start sucked though.

I actually enjoyed the match, but primarily due to the WSW, not your boys.

The rest is just my opinion on some of the reasons why I believe the A-League has struggled to gain traction and continues to do so.

• October 23rd 2017 @ 10:51am
            punter said | October 23rd 2017 @ 10:51am | ! Report

Your opinion is valued & welcome, but just remember it’s only just opinion, it’s far from a fact. Don’t fall into that trap believing your opinion is anymore valued then anyone else.

October 23rd 2017 @ 11:14am
              Rick Disnick said | October 23rd 2017 @ 11:14am | ! Report

But my opinion is far more valued than everyone else. It is fact.

• October 23rd 2017 @ 11:44am
                punter said | October 23rd 2017 @ 11:44am | ! Report

Hehe.

• October 23rd 2017 @ 6:50pm
            Buddy said | October 23rd 2017 @ 6:50pm | ! Report

Rick,
            I enjoy reading many of your posts and the passionate responses you elicit from a number of regular contributors on the site…I get a good laugh from all the baiting but rarely rise to it myself. However, even I am surprised by your summation of the game on Saturday night. Like you, I arrived late and watched Riera head in on the screen outside. I sat in bay 37 along the Eastern terrace. There were four bays along there that were overwhelmingly WSW supporters but it went very sky blue beyond there. The Western bays were pretty well blue through and through although the two nearest the RBB were fairly WSW orientated. Definitely more home and than away fans as I would expect. The southern end (RBB) didn’t shut up except for half time and although we could hear there was noise from the cove, we couldn’t hear anything as it was very noisy down our way. As for the football. First half to WSW and the second half to SFC surely? It was a cheap penalty to get sucked into and the defending wasn’t good for Brilliante’s equalizer but Simon should have headed home a winner towards the end and in the last 5 minutes plus 5 minutes stoppage time Wanderers looked to me as though they were hanging on and Sydney were making all the running. Some of Sydney’s tactics and argumentative nature was irritating but they came back like the champions they currently are. However, they didn’t have it all their own way and in three games so far this year there is nothing to suggest they will dominate the competition in the way they did last year but perhaps we have to wait a bit longer before really passing judgement on them?

• October 23rd 2017 @ 7:20am
        Buddy said | October 23rd 2017 @ 7:20am | ! Report

Well I like the idea that the crowd was possibly announced incorrectly. I was starting to think I was out of touch and losing my faculties even though it is impossible at Allianz to see all of the crowd at any one time.
        Hindsight may well suggest that setting up an A League franchise in Sydney could have been done better but at the time Western Sydney was not ready for a team and it kicked off with one team in each major centre that it believed the game would grow and flourish – obviously wrong on that score although that depends on how you view the numbers.
        As for colours; that is highly subjective although there has been plenty of research completed in terms of success around the globe and the colour of the uniform although I’m not sure that team colours are measured in terms of how inspiring they are. The “boring” tag is regularly applied to very successful sides. Perhaps it is wrapped up in jealousy anf fans and journalists alike trying to find solace or just a way of knocking the champions down a few pegs. Most champion teams have a ruthless streak, are somewhat clinical and are capable of grinding out results even when not playing well and Saturday night’s game was a fine example where many teams would have folded after falling behind by 2 goals esp as SFC’s first half performance was nowhere near their best. They got back into the game using guile and experience in claiming a penalty and Bobo despatched it perfectly if it was meant to a) send the keeper the wrong way and b) try and silence the RBB. The second half was entirely different and Brilliante lived up to his name albeit with a healthy deflection and was unlucky not to manage to chip Janjetovich a few minutes later. Matt Simon would have scored with his late header in seasons gone by and it isn’t difficult to mount an argument that SFC could have or should have taken all 3 points.
        As for crowd distribution, the bays allocated for away support were pretty full and it was a very noisy affair. We could not hear the Cove clearly but knew they were making plenty of noise and I am pretty sure if you were located further to the north, the same would be said for not hearing the RBB even if they do sing and chant non stop for 90 minutes.
        Finally Rick, I would love to agree with you about the quality of football at WSW and not playing boring football but unfortunately, the one thing the team struggles with is consistency. Last week against Mariners, they put in a very dull uninspiring performance for a lot of the game but managed a point, it was like watching a different team to the one that took the field against Perth in round 1. CCM improved a great deal after their round 1 thrashing from the Jets but it was still a poor performance from WSW but being a great believer in sport being played in the head, it was not so surprising.
        The one thing I have found with life at WSW is that there is always something happening and making news. It isn’t always for the right reasons although the community work and level of engagement from the club is extremely high. Maybe it is just the vibrant colours…it does make a good spectacle although escaping from Spotless is high on the wish lists of just about every fan. It was so good to be at a rectangular stadium on Saturday…. and next week to the Jets.

October 23rd 2017 @ 12:13pm
          Rick Disnick said | October 23rd 2017 @ 12:13pm | ! Report

I’d agree with most of that.

Every team has a bad day though, but from what I’ve seen (and yes I do watch some of the A-league despite what I say) the Wanderers have more appeal about them. Take that as a compliment from someone like me too.

• October 23rd 2017 @ 9:19am
        Post_hoc said | October 23rd 2017 @ 9:19am | ! Report

Rick, I’m a Wanderers supporter from Day 1 of their existence, and I can tell you, you don’t have a clue.

Sydney was the correct choice to go for IF you were only having 1 team. Wanderers are successful for a number of reasons, high on the list is we waited for so long, and we were listened to in naming, colors would not have happened in year 1 of competition etc

The best thing that happened to Sydney was the Wanderers, it drives both teams so a very good thing. You see City and Victory, honestly Victory don’t seem to care that City exists.

Your comment on colours is pretty stupid, sorry but thats how I see it.

In terms of the way Wanderers play, first 2 years played counter attacking, strong at the back hit on counter. Then Popa started HIS change, he started to put pieces into place, he and the football department wanted to establish the Wanderers style, to develop a DNA for the club. It has taken 3 years to get to this place, but this was never 1 year to the next, this is about establishing a long term DNA.

October 23rd 2017 @ 10:19am
          Rick Disnick said | October 23rd 2017 @ 10:19am | ! Report

My comment regarding colours is directed at the FFA, along with every other club in the A-League. I would have taken those colours and strip from day 1 — it reinforces a lack of business sense by all involved.

• October 23rd 2017 @ 10:57am
            Sydneysider said | October 23rd 2017 @ 10:57am | ! Report

Rick, the original premise for the league back in 2005 was one city, one team (John O’Neill CEO led the mantra), hence SFC being located at Moore Park and wearing sky blue.

Melbourne Victory = big V and navy colours (Victorian state colours?).
            Queensland Roar = Qld team (then renamed to Brisbane Roar when NTH Qld Fury and Gold Coast entered the competition).
            Adelaide = red (represent South Australia)

Things have changed but at the time (2005) that’s how they had to start the competition. There was no guarantee that putting a team at Parra would have worked from the start. The introduction of the Wanderers worked out because those football fans who felt left out from the western suburbs of Sydney were consulted by the FFA (amazing what consulting with the fanbase can do) and they got to pick the colours, location, logo etc…

Also there were 3 NSL clubs from that area (Marconi, Sydney United, Parra Power) and there was nothing to suggest those NSL fans would have supported the first Sydney A-League club based at Parramatta.

The FFA needs to sort its stuff out and start to fix the issues with the league, starting with criteria for expansion.

• October 23rd 2017 @ 9:58am
      Caltex Ten & SBS support Australian Football said | October 23rd 2017 @ 9:58am | ! Report

“FFA not panicking over plummeting A-League TV ratings and stagnant crowds” – Dominic Bossi

We were told that TEN would do a better job then SBS—-well Mr Gallop and Midfielder you were wrong.

“The first three rounds of the A-League have attracted an average audience of only 112,000 viewers on Network Ten’s One, a 15 per cent decrease from the average ratings from the opening three rounds of last season when televised on SBS 2.”

Give the FTA broadcasting rights back to SBS the home of Ausralian Football with the better pre match discussion – the half time stats – and the better post match rap-up. No one covers Australian Football, better than SBS Football analysis team.

• October 23rd 2017 @ 11:00am
        Sydneysider said | October 23rd 2017 @ 11:00am | ! Report

These warning signs have been there for the last 3 years. FFA have ignored them and now are concentrating on survival.

Things need to change, hopefully they do in the next few months.

The lack of marketing and promotion has been disgraceful.

FFA are lucky that the rusted on passionate hardcore A-League fans from Melbourne, NSW, Adelaide, Perth and Brisbane have stuck with the league and continue to attend and support it.

Without those fans, the league is finished.

Bring in 2 more clubs please FFA and get rid of Gallop.

• October 23rd 2017 @ 11:13am
          jamesb said | October 23rd 2017 @ 11:13am | ! Report

Which is a shame because the A-League is a good stepping stone competition. Just look at Matty Ryan and Aaron Mooy in the EPL. Both are doing well. Mat Leckie is playing regularly in the Bundesliga and Nick Ansell is getting game time in the Portuguese Primeira Liga.

We need a strong vibrant exciting A League where everyone can come and enjoy during the summer months. Without the A League, the national team will struggle to qualify for world cups. It is essential that the FFA promotes the comp, rather than neglecting it.

October 23rd 2017 @ 11:18pm
        Cousin Claudio said | October 23rd 2017 @ 11:18pm | ! Report

Not sure where Bossi is getting his figures from or why he would write an article like that.

A-League attendance avge 2017/18 so far – 16,528
        A-League attendance avge 2016/17 – 12,294, includes finals series.

Increase over last season +34.45%.

• October 23rd 2017 @ 11:12am
      Square Nostrils said | October 23rd 2017 @ 11:12am | ! Report

Slow start or not ,Sydney FC under Arnie seem to have a knack of appearing to not be doing much at all, then suddenly Arnie sends them a telepathic message ” Well about time we had a goal, here’s what to do, I think its Bobo’s turn”.
      Same last season, maybe like Aladdins magic lamp all that head rubbing Arnie does is a magic telepathic signal.