Thanks for joining me tonight. It has been a very exciting evening and I cannot wait to see what happens come the final two stages on Friday and Saturday night.
This race is still alive!
1. Alberto Contador
2. Chris Froome - 1'19
3. Alejandro Valverde - 1'32
4. Joaquin Rodriguez - 2'29
5. Fabio Aru - 3'15
This sets the scene for the final mountains stage. Froome is within striking distance to Contador but a good day for Valverde could see him move back up to second.
Even Rodriguez still has an outside chance to take the race but it would certainly take a good stroke of luck.
1. Fabio Aru (Astana)
2. Chris Froome (Sky) - same time
3. Alejandro Valverde (Movistar) - 13''
4. Joaquin Rodriguez (Katusha) - same time
5. Alberto Contador (Saxo Tinkof) - same time
Aru takes his third Grand Tour stage win for the year. At only 24 he is certainly one to watch in the future.