Who’s afraid of the Springboks? I am, for one

Likeabute Roar Rookie

By Likeabute, Likeabute is a Roar Rookie

The Wallabies are back in action on Saturday, taking on South Africa in Perth, and I’m worried that the Springboks will bully us off the park. But then I’ve been worrying about the Springboks ever since I first saw them play, back in 1971 at the SCG.

I was 11 years old and they frightened the hell out of me. As somebody sitting next to me said when the Boks ran out onto the field, “Jeez, ain’t they big.”

A quick peek at the stats of some of their great names reveals the Boks have always been big – tighthead CJ Van der Linde and loosehead Os du Randt were both 6′ 3″ and 135 kg. Back rowers Duane Vermeulen and Willem Alberts were 6,4″ and 120 kg.

Andre Venter, another flanker, was even bigger – 6′ 5″ and 131 kg!

When you’re that size you’re supposed to be considered a lock, but the Boks didn’t want any shrimps in the second row, which is why Bakkies Botha held down the job for 85 Tests. The first time I saw Bakkies, I figured Dr Frankenstein had called up the SARU and told them their rugby player was ready.

As for Bakkies’ partner, Victor Matfield, he owned the air rights of most lineouts. If somebody had the temerity to take the ball away from Victor, then Bakkies – sworn nemesis of evil doers – would mete out fast and suitable punishment.

Back to Perth and why I’m scared.

The Boks’ front row is more than a little formidable. Tighthead Coenie Oosthuizen has remarkable pace for a monster. He’s currently nursing a sore rib but is expected to start.

Hooker Malcolm Marx, unstoppable from five metres out, was man of the match in one of the recent Tests against the French. And loosehead Beast Mtawarira, 94 caps, doesn’t just run the ball, he hurls himself at defenders. When he goes off in the second half, scrum opponents don’t get much relief because Steven Kitshoff comes on and bends arms.

In the engine room, the Boks have Eben Etzebeth and Franco Mostert, the latter who gives way to Pieter-Steph du Toit, who’ll continue the torture.

The Wallabies have a very good second row but Etzebeth is one of the best in the world (I sometimes scan the Hollywood trades to see if Eben is going to be the new Wolverine or the new leader of the Avengers but, so far, no news).

So that’s the Boks’ front five and I cannot see our front five getting much change out of them.

Prospects further darken when we compare back rows. Australia’s consists of a hard-working captain, an undersized No.8 with a lot of heart, and a non-carrying 6 who frowns a lot.

The tourists’ back row, on the other hand, is pretty damn good. Siya Kolisi, at 6, keeps scoring tries and crunching people, Jaco Kriel at 7 runs like a centre and hits like a howitzer, and eightman Uzair Cassiem, with his speed and chase-down ability, gives a good imitation of Kieran Read.

But are our backs good enough to overcome the disparity up front?

Alas, no.

Personally, I’ll be watching the game at home and cheering for the Wallabies. As for my phobia, my brother-in-law says I’m crazy to sit in front of a TV screen wearing a cycling helmet.

Maybe so, but when South Africa are playing, it makes me feel safer.

• September 6th 2017 @ 11:10am
      Issac Maw said | September 6th 2017 @ 11:10am | ! Report

I play against the clubs about yass-ish. It always makes me hopeful even though rugby seems to be declining these small country towns still manage to find 15+ blokes to put on a field week in week out even if they have to travel 3+ hours in each direction. Still plenty of life and passion out there just gotta know how to channel that back into elite sportspeople.

September 6th 2017 @ 12:13pm
      Machooka said | September 6th 2017 @ 12:13pm | ! Report

Haha Likeabute… enjoyed that read. And, dare I say, I also share your fear of the Bok.

Likewise, I was also at the SCG, and also as a 11 year old… but as there were two Tests played there for that SA tour, and I can’t really remember whether it was the first or the third test. Long time ago eh!

I had a Sth African G/Mother, on my father’s side, and although sadly passed, she knew more about rugby than anyone I knew at time, or for a long time thereafter. And she often said to me that my Wallaby were just boys playing against men. Meaning that the SA players where monsters. Anyhow, your piece brought back some fond memories for me.

Lastly, the bit about the cycling helmet… funnily enough I do a similar thingy. I’m not allowed to wear anything on my feet, nor am I allowed to hold the remote for the TV ever since I broke the TV screen, some years ago, when we lost a close one to the Bok! 🙂

• September 6th 2017 @ 12:25pm
      Daz said | September 6th 2017 @ 12:25pm | ! Report

Our backs are good enough but if Cheika doesn’t swallow his pride and put practicality over his running rugby pedantry and select the right forwards we are going to get smashed backwards all day long. We are going to be playing off the back foot looking for pretty cut shots instead of straight drives. Sio, TPN, Kepu, must start with Timani at the back.

Incidentally Cheika’s boys are never going to match the running game of AFL or NRL like Billy P told him to try to. Different games, different folks, different strokes. All the long suffering rugby supporters of Oz need right now is a win.

• September 7th 2017 @ 10:11am
        PiratesRugby said | September 7th 2017 @ 10:11am | ! Report

Isn’t Moore sitting this game out? Anyway, he’s not in great form at the moment and TPN is the better option. I don’t mind Cheika playing AAA to give him experience but Kepu is the safer option. Arnold and Coleman need as much time together as possible. 6 and 8 are big problems for us. If Cheika persists with Hanigan then we’re farked. Timani is a good option at 8, if fit.
        I haven’t seen much of the Bokke this year but they appear to have made short work of th Pumas. I hoped they’ve turned the corner after their recent upheavals. World rugby is better when the Bokke are in top form. RWC19 will be great with NZ, poms and Bokke all firing.

• Roar Pro

September 6th 2017 @ 1:53pm
      Jonty Shonty said | September 6th 2017 @ 1:53pm | ! Report

Haha. Cycling helmet. Funniest thing I’ve read in a long time.

Fear not Likeabute! A quick look at the records should give you confidence.

But it’s hard to pick. I’m not 100% sure where both teams are at at the moment. In 2017, the Boks haven’t faced truly class opposition. And the Wallabies, after a shaky start, have responded well. There’s a false dawn headline waiting for someone.

As always before Bok games, my nerves kick in early, so I’ve donned my mappy (man nappy) 5 days out.

• September 6th 2017 @ 2:15pm
      Rugby Tragic said | September 6th 2017 @ 2:15pm | ! Report

Hi Likeabute! … yeah, I’m afraid of the Boks too and I’m a Kiwi … I go back a bit longer than 1971 … to 1956 in fact, the first Rugby Test match I had the pleasure of watching live .. All Blacks v Springboks… Eden Park.

The Boks were big but then so were the All Blacks …. well to be fair, everyone was ‘big compared to me’ .. I was a little runt, all 4’11” of me at that time … thank god I have a couple of growing spurts!

But being big in itself was not so much frightening, it was and is the aggressiveness with size that is a bit frightening … so I fear every time for our puny All Blacks when they face the Springboks. While you fear for the Wallabies in Perth, I’ll fear for the All Blacks a week later at QEB Stadium .. 🙂

• September 6th 2017 @ 2:33pm
        DavSA said | September 6th 2017 @ 2:33pm | ! Report

Hi RT , the first rugby game I watched ever was The All Blacks vs Eastern Transvaal 1970 .. Pretty brutal stuff . Was where Pinetree got his arm broken . A fight also broke out amongst the spectators . I thought maybe I should play soccer instead and did for a few years before trying rugby. My first test match was British Lions vz Boks 1974 second test . The ” fearsome “Boks got hammered on the score board and pretty much everywhere else including the fights . We at least hoping to win those . Thought I may play soccer a bit longer.

• September 6th 2017 @ 9:26pm
          Rugby Tragic said | September 6th 2017 @ 9:26pm | ! Report

Great stuff DavSA, I remember the radio commentary of that match .. the AB match that is. The group I was involved with went into mourning when Mead’s had confirmed he had a broken arm…

In those days, retribution was taken on the field by players, big tough guys… Boks were/are big, tough guys.

You might recall the name Kevin Skinner… if not look him up … more to the point read what he did and compare the acceptability of his actions then to the game now. …

In spite of many suggesting they are not as big as yester year, they nevertheless are ‘big and tough’ …

• September 7th 2017 @ 6:10pm
            DavSA said | September 7th 2017 @ 6:10pm | ! Report

late reply , sorry RT , ……….Yes I am well aware of Kevin Skinner .I went to a Currie Cup game at Ellis Park in the 70’s and who sat down few rows in front of us was the one and only . Obviously came over for a visit . (No box seats in those days) . My old man still remarked , ‘Heavens thats the All Black Skinner ‘ My recollection was his gnarled cauliflower ears and he looked tough . Doc Craven famously once said Skinner was not welcome in SA . Clearly that sentiment was not shared by all. Anyway without going into names , South Africa had more than its fair share of Skinners in its ranks. Will mention a name though …..One eyed Martin Pelser.

• September 6th 2017 @ 10:02pm
          mzilikazi said | September 6th 2017 @ 10:02pm | ! Report

“A fight also broke out amongst the spectators .” Reminds me of going to watch Transvaal v N. Transvaal at Ellis Park about maybe 1985….I was a visitor from civilised Zimbabwe !! The press had been whipping up the venom all week, so when the game kicked off, the crowd were just about out of control. Fights started straight away…not on the field…the players were fine all match.

A big screen had been installed…the first I had seen…..but was not for reviews..there was no TMO then. N. Tvl went over what looked a good try, and the ref gave it, and the conversion was taken. Then the guys running the big screen got the replay up, with a shot from behind the tryline….and the N. Tvl player clearly lost the ball before he had grounded it. Then all hell really broke out…I had never been scared at a match before, but sure was that day.

• September 7th 2017 @ 5:36pm
          DaveB said | September 7th 2017 @ 5:36pm | ! Report

What a coincidence… Similar ‘handles’ and we were both at the same 1st Test experience.

I was 10 years old at the time… Wow that Lions side was good

• September 7th 2017 @ 6:14pm
            DavSA said | September 7th 2017 @ 6:14pm | ! Report

Thats amazing DaveB . Do you recall 1. JPR Williams just seemed unstoppable and 2. How eerily quite the supporters wer leaving the stadium afterwards . Spoke in whispers.

September 6th 2017 @ 2:36pm
        Machooka said | September 6th 2017 @ 2:36pm | ! Report

1956?

1956!?!

Geez Tragic… that’s when TV had just first started in Aussie 🙂

September 6th 2017 @ 3:12pm
          The Neutral View From Sweden said | September 6th 2017 @ 3:12pm | ! Report

Don’t you know Machooka, that RT is oldest human alive? And he is still kicking it.

And RT… I have so many questions for you. But I will just ask a few here.

You have any idea how many Test matches you have attended? I get a feeling that you – maybe – have missed five six games with the AB’s since 1956.

Nutrition and life choices. For someone like me – a bittersweet and vital 45-year young globetrotter – what shall I think about if I want to attend the Rugby World Cup in NZ 2077? Share some inside tips mate. Please. What is on your plate for a normal breakfast and that sort of stuff.

Is this thingy about red wine being good for the heart and the veins indeed true according to you? I heard some compelling evidence about it from the horse’s mouth once, but it was a shocking experience.
          Ten years ago I was on golfing and drinking trip to Spain with some senior friends. I knew all the senior boys since before, except one of them, an elder brother of the guy who owned the house we stayed at. The brother was a very quiet doctor who kept some distance from the rest of us when we started to rumble.
          Of course, the subject of the conversation “red wine is good for you” came up one day during dinner (we were just about to order more wine, so it was very fitting). The elder brother had pretty much been quiet for three days by then, but now he wanted to talk, and he got our full attention. And he made a great start by indeed confirming it is healthy to drink red wine. But not only that. He had solid proof to back his claim. I will try to quote him word by word as I remember it: “My mother in law was a very active and healthy woman who lived until she was 97. And she always had two glasses of red wine every day in her adult life. As it happened, her dead body was stored at the hospital I was working the first few days after she passed away, so I got curious. So went down to the basement to do an autopsy. And my Lord, her heart, and veins were in mint condition. I was amazed.”

I don’t remember anything else he said, but I do remember the stunned silence around the dinner table when we all realized he had sliced up his mother in law…

• September 6th 2017 @ 9:03pm
            Rugby Tragic said | September 6th 2017 @ 9:03pm | ! Report

Haha NV … Wow! … so many questions so few answers, in abbreviated form, I’ll attempt responses *S* …

You have any idea how many Test matches you have attended? .. Umm no idea but a lot!

How many have I missed … more than I attended as other than RWC, I had not travelled a great deal (outside of Australasia) up to 1999 so missed a lot of games live at the ground. But those games if broadcast live I would have watched, them live.

Take for example this year… All Blacks have played 6 games so far in 2017 I have only been to 4 live but travelled each time, Sydney once and NZ three times

Of the rugby world cups;

1987 – NZ was present your honour
            1991 – absent, insufficient funds
            1995 – absent due to health issues
            1999 – UK was present your honour
            2003 – AUS, present your honour
            2007 – France was present your honour
            2011 – NZ was present your honour
            2015 – absent due to health issues but to be fair was not intending to go
            2019 – Japan, intending to be there 🙂 but it might be my swansong

what shall I think about if I want to attend the Rugby World Cup in NZ 2077?
            If I was to be around then, I’d be the oldest living being on earth and beyond ..:), you would have cracked 3 figures … Now if you are thinking about it … pledge to yourself that you will not go if you have to use a walker or are confined to a wheel chair.

What is on your plate for a normal breakfast and that sort of stuff. … normal to me first think is to take all my pills!! … LOL I’m a glass of juice type guy and a very light brekkie to start. I wish I could say I exercise every morning before breakfast …. but I’d be lying .. 🙂

“red wine is good for you” As for red wine … Hmmm all I can say is why stop at two glasses? Of course my daughter in law being a vintner sort of helps as she reckons wines for me to buy.

How’s that for some useless information! LOL

September 6th 2017 @ 10:12pm
              The Neutral View From Sweden said | September 6th 2017 @ 10:12pm | ! Report

Loving it RT.

I think the word only is a tad bit misplaced… four out of six is even better than many AB’s players.

And your track record from the WC*s is mighty impressive.

I save a prayer that we will meet in Japan 2019 (I am planning to be there for the whole tournament) and that we can meet for beers, chat and some delicious Kobe beef. More than once.

And keep fighting young fella. I reckon the 2023 edition will be in Ireland, and that is gonna be a cracker, much like the World Cup in NZ 2011 with the whole country involved, and everything will be within a couple of hours drive. We might not get the same quality meat as in Japan though, but I think we will survive.

I am old world guy when it comes to wines, but I did try an excellent OZ red wine a few years ago called Moss Wood (Cabernet Sauvignon), are you familiar with that?

• September 7th 2017 @ 8:38am
                Rugby Tragic said | September 7th 2017 @ 8:38am | ! Report

Haha! … NV I’ve been to Japan between 30-40 times .. love the country, love the people and absolutely love the food!

Every 3 months I travelled to Japan from 1982 to 1993 arriving Narita, staying in Toyko, then on the Shinkansen to Osaka and Kobe before flying out onto South Korea from Osaka. No stay in the country was for longer than 3 days but always enjoyed the delights the country offered.

As for Kobe beef, had my share of that but the sushimi, yakitori and tempura was what I really enjoyed .. Yumm

Yes, I am familiar with Moss Wood Vineyard, but cannot sorry I do not recall their Cab Sauv. in particular or in isolation. I had a few bottles of their Semillion a few years back (no longer 🙂 )

We stayed in a Margaret River Vineyard Villa for a few nights with my son and daughter in law back in 2008 and visited many, any wineries in the region (as you do!).

What I do remember is that I have 7 cartons of wine (84 bottles) from various vineyards shipped back over to Queensland from that one trip. For Reds, WA is well known for its Cabernet Sauvignon as is the Barossa Valley is well known for their Shiraz’s.

Don’t mind a drop of red 🙂 (or white for that matter) … that is why we had to visit Stellenbosch vineyards while in SA last year…

September 7th 2017 @ 9:13am
                Machooka said | September 7th 2017 @ 9:13am | ! Report

So a Japanese lunch is OK… with, of course, some fine wines from Maggie’s? 😉

• September 6th 2017 @ 10:24pm
            mzilikazi said | September 6th 2017 @ 10:24pm | ! Report

“My first test match was British Lions vz Boks 1974 second test ” DavSA, that was some Lions team. My brother was working for Roberts Construction in SA then, and the Lions centre, Dick Milliken, was at Uni with my brother. So he made contact and got a ticket to many of the games..on a couple of occasions he got to sit with the reserves. He was present at the very tight game v Free State…Lions won 10 – 9 at the death with an overhead pass to JJ Williams…I think.

I made it to South Africa for the last two tests…at Boet Erasmus in PE and Ellis Park, with the old scaffolding stands. That game at PE had a big fight after Moaner van Heerden felled Roger Uttley….the infamous 99 call by the Lions. Everyone in and fighting, so the ref would not have a clue who to send off.

What a great country….and great rugby playing country…and I felt for the people of SA then…many took the defeats very badly indeed, and IMO, the Bok selectors really began to panic…even picked the young Free State No *8 at scrumhalf for the crucial 3rd Test.

Anyway, good luck on Sat…….good to see better days on the horizon for the Boks again…the rugby world needs them.

• September 7th 2017 @ 3:50am
              FunBus said | September 7th 2017 @ 3:50am | ! Report

Ah, the 1974 Lions. The most famous Lions team in the UK and Ireland – much more so than the 1971 team. Their record was amazing. Winning every game (about 24 of them I think) and then drawing the last test after the ref ruled out a clear try at the end.
              Many famous stories. My favourite is this one. The Lions have just won the third test to take an unassailable 3-0 lead. Back at the hotel, they drink it dry, then drink the local bar dry. Back at the hotel things start to get rowdy. Finally, at 3.00am the hotel owner has had enough (extraordinary scenes in the swimming pool apparently). He marches up to Willie John McBride’s room (the captain) and bangs on the door. Willie opens the door stark naked puffing on his pipe. The emotional owner says he’s had enough and he’s calling the police. Willie puffs on his pipe and ponders this. Finally he looks down at the owner and asks, ‘will there be many of them?’

• September 8th 2017 @ 10:27pm
                Taylorman said | September 8th 2017 @ 10:27pm | ! Report

Ha ha yes one of the great sides and one reason we were really cr’,aping in 77. Lions beat NZ and SA in 71 and 74 and we lost to SA in 70 and 76 so we really thought 77 was going to be horrid.

But it seems the 74 side all but disappeared…retirees etc Mighty mouse, JPR, McBride etc, the only remnants of the great sides Mike Gibson on his fifth Lions tour and Bennett. Gordon Brown and Bill Beaumont were starting to impose as a strong locking pair and Fran Cotton and Graham Price formidable up front.

But it was left to a few newbies to carry the can …Irvine had a wonderful tour, gained a lot of kiwi fans, especially us kids at the time. Oddly it was our oldies that stole the day early with tries to Batty, Kirky, Going etc. through the series. The third test saw the dropping of the old guard and it seemed by the fourth test both the Lions and NZ were looking to their youth again.

One player I remember well from the Boks matches was the huge hitting of Joggie Jansen, spot tackler extraordinaire, Bosch and a very awkward kicking style we used to mimick. Hed stand almost with his back to the posts and would only take a couple of steps and stab through the ball on a sharp angle.

Good memories.

• September 7th 2017 @ 6:13am
              DavSA said | September 7th 2017 @ 6:13am | ! Report

Yes MZ you have certainly evoked memories for me . I also remember the old Ellis Park and the Naartjie fights . the sky turned literally orange with as the Aussies will call them ….tangerines . ..Was at the official opening of the New Ellis Park and have somewhere in my pub a can of Ellis Park Lager as a momento. and Funbus if I have to rate a player as the best I have ever seen then JPR Williams is one of my candidates … By the way Moaner Van Heerden is on that list too.

• September 6th 2017 @ 7:59pm
          Rugby Tragic said | September 6th 2017 @ 7:59pm | ! Report

Chook I can recall listening to the All Blacks play overseas in the middle of the night on a transistor radio.. we were pretty modern! No valve radios for us.

I recall in particular one night in a beach house in Piha listening to the Rugby in South Africa in 1960 at some ungodly hour drinking Gin and Tonics! … Don’t ask me which match it was or even who won (I think it was a draw actually with Don Clarke kicking the equaliser), not sure if that was because of the G & T’s we drank or Dementia is kicking in ..:(

• September 6th 2017 @ 2:32pm
      cuw said | September 6th 2017 @ 2:32pm | ! Report

as comical as the article sounds the saffas have moved on a little from the ” huge is better ” concept.

their 2nd and 3rd rowers are as not as big as , say a decade or so ago.

in 2nd row , they have gone for the skills and engine of Mostert – he is not a big guy (comparatively).

in the 3rd row they have done away with the 2nd rower as blindside ( like Alberts or more recently PSDT) and gone for speed.

the only weak link is Cassiem – he is not a top rank 8 for me ( hell, he was playing off the bench in super rugger ffs!) – but against a small 6 ( which is what Mcmohan is) he will do fine. personally i would have gone with Nizam Carr ( in the absence of Thor n WW) but even a half-baked 6 can hold his own against a much smaller one.

the battle of the fly halves will be interesting as both are basically talking points. Foley even on a good day seems to divide fans. Jantjies i have always thought chokes in the matches that matter.

others are more or less balance out BUT saffas do have speed on wings , which i think may have an impact at the end of the day.

• Roar Pro

September 6th 2017 @ 3:09pm
        Jonty Shonty said | September 6th 2017 @ 3:09pm | ! Report

Hi CUW

Agree. The Bok plan seems to hinge around athletic and mobile players, executing a game plan at a high tempo. So far so good.

I must say that people are harsh on Cassiem. If you can get a hand on super rugby stats they reveal that his attack, first phase and defence stats aren’t that far off a certain Keiran Reid. And he was playing in a team far worse than the Crusaders.

Personally, I like the way the coaches have a clear style of playing and select players that fit in with that.

• September 6th 2017 @ 3:30pm
          DavSA said | September 6th 2017 @ 3:30pm | ! Report

Yes Jonty , the big , big difference between last years Bok vintage and this years is they now have a PLAN. Good or bad plan ? Time will tell but heck it is a plan.

• September 6th 2017 @ 4:46pm
          cuw said | September 6th 2017 @ 4:46pm | ! Report

as far as i remember he was a 6. my point is there is a better 8 of color if that is the criterion 🙂

September 6th 2017 @ 3:33pm
        Corne Van Vuuren said | September 6th 2017 @ 3:33pm | ! Report

We do have a major weakness in our back three, they are tiny compared to most wings and fullbacks, they have poor aerial skill and Rhule is a turnstyle

• Roar Pro

September 6th 2017 @ 3:44pm
          Jonty Shonty said | September 6th 2017 @ 3:44pm | ! Report

Agree with you about our wings, but I do like Andries Coetzee. So far he’s proven very reliable and has a good all round skill set (not sure there’s another fullback in SA that can say that). And he’s been consistent for the Lions.

By the time the 2019 world cup rolls around, we may see some changes out wide. If Sbu Nkosi keeps developing, he’ll be a shoe in. I’ve heard he has a fantastic thirst for improving and works hard at his flaws. People go on about Makazole Mapimpi. He’s a good attacker, but I’m not sure about his work ethic.

I’d be interested to see how Warrick Gelant would go on the wing too.

September 6th 2017 @ 3:55pm
            Corne Van Vuuren said | September 6th 2017 @ 3:55pm | ! Report

I Combrinck injured? Why is he not in the squad?

September 6th 2017 @ 3:56pm
              Harry Jones said | September 6th 2017 @ 3:56pm | ! Report

He’s a bit pale

September 6th 2017 @ 4:09pm
                Machooka said | September 6th 2017 @ 4:09pm | ! Report

🙂

• September 6th 2017 @ 11:17pm
                Alex the jock said | September 6th 2017 @ 11:17pm | ! Report

A whiter shade of pale lol

• Roar Pro

September 6th 2017 @ 3:59pm
              Jonty Shonty said | September 6th 2017 @ 3:59pm | ! Report

Combrinck is bigger and has x-factor, but funny enough his defensive stats are just as poor as Skosan and Rhule.

September 6th 2017 @ 4:08pm
              Corne Van Vuuren said | September 6th 2017 @ 4:08pm | ! Report

Yeah white men that can’t tackle don’t have a dog in this fight anymore 🙂

• September 6th 2017 @ 10:59pm
              superba said | September 6th 2017 @ 10:59pm | ! Report

Heard he has gone overseas for a stint somewhere

• September 7th 2017 @ 2:53pm
              Baylion said | September 7th 2017 @ 2:53pm | ! Report

Story is that AC wanted Combrinck and Mapoe to stay on standby in SA and not go and play in Japan. They didn’t agree, both for contractual and financial reasons

• September 6th 2017 @ 4:53pm
          cuw said | September 6th 2017 @ 4:53pm | ! Report

given the chance i would put Kriel at 15.

at least the coach has some sense so he put Serfontain rather than anyother in centers.

i would think Rohan and Serfontain will make a nice center pair.