What a night.
Against all odds, the Wallabies have stunned world champions the Springboks on the Gold Coast, a nerveless penalty from Quade Cooper after the siren sealing a famous 28-26 win that will live long in the memory.
After that Herculean performance, what better way to show your appreciation for the players’ efforts than by objectively ranking each and every one of them. That’s where we come in.
It’s up to you to rate each Wallabies player from one to ten in the form below. You don’t have to rate every player – if you didn’t catch enough of someone’s performance or don’t think they were on the field long enough for you to make a judgment, just leave them blank and it won’t affect their score.
If you need a rough guide as to what each score means, here’s what we go off.
1. Had he not played, the team would have been better off. Negatively affected the performance of the side. May
GodJohn Eales have mercy on his soul.
2. Anonymous. Was he even there?
3. Did some things that you expect a player to be able to do, but did a whole bunch of other things that sucked.
4. Was passable in patches, but not up to standard in a match of such importance.
5. Performed his role without anything really noticeable happening.
7. Pretty good, actually.
8. Very good.
10. Extraordinary. Calling them man of the match would be an insult.
Unfortunately, it’s against the rules to give Quade Cooper an 11. We checked.
Ready to go? Head onto the form below and get cracking!