Rabbtohs skipper Cameron Murray has been cleared to make an early return from shoulder surgery in Saturday night’s clash with the Wests Tigers.
Veteran prop Mark Nicholls is also good to go, according to coach Jason Demetriou on Friday.
“It’s huge,” Demetriou said about Murray’s return. “He just does everything right, he’s a model professional. From the day he had the surgery, he was straight into it the next day and he’s given himself every chance to play and he’s available.”
As long as he gets through the game, he’s a certain selection for NSW in the State of Origin series opener in Sydney on June 8.
Murray was named on the extended bench but will be brought into the game-day line-up.
Raiders co-captain Jarrod Croker‘s wretched run with injuries has continued with the veteran centre dislocating his shoulder at training.
Croker was set to make his return to the field this weekend after injuring his shoulder against the Bulldogs in Round 9. He will have scans in the coming days to determine the extent of the injury and see if it requires surgery.
Canberra have confirmed fullback Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad will miss up to two games with a hamstring injury. But the club is hopeful Jamal Fogarty could make his long-awaited return to the field from his pre-season knee injury against Parramatta.
Melbourne hooker Harry Grant is also out of action after a training drama, injuring his adductor muscle at the Storm’s captain’s run, but he will only be out a week. He will be replaced in the starting side by Brandon Smith for Thursday’s Manly match-up.
Storm half Jahrome Hughes has been cleared to make his comeback from a two-week absence with a calf injury against Manly who have moved Reuben Garrick to fullback now that Tom Trbojevic is won’t play again this year due to his shoulder injury.
Titans forward David Fifita is back ahead of schedule from a knee problem for Gold Coast’s derby duel with Brisbane on Friday night. He was named on the extended bench but looks set to be brought into the game-day line-up.
“Dave got through training really well yesterday,” Titans coach Justin Holbrook said on Thursday. “As long as he gets through today, he’ll play tomorrow night. I expect a big impact from him, that’s for sure. He’s a great player, an important member of our team and we’ve missed not having him play the last few weeks. It’ll be great to have him back in our side.”
Teams have been announced for Round 12, the NRL’s annual Indigenous Round, which was officially launched in Sydney on Tuesday.
Wests Tigers fullback Daine Laurie will be lining up against the Bunnies after overcoming a knee injury whch has kept him out for a month as long as he gets through a contact session on Wednesday. Five-eighth Luke Brooks could also play after missing just one week with a hamstring problem.
Cronulla have breathed a sigh of relief with Siosifa Talakai, Wade Graham and Ronaldo Mulitalo cleared of injuries and expected to face the Sydney Roosters.
The key trio were each sent for scans on Monday night after picking up problems in Sunday’s win over Gold Coast. Talakai’s ankle had remained the biggest fear for the Sharks, while Graham had required scans on his foot and Mulitalo his shoulder.
However the three stars were named on Tuesday afternoon to face the Roosters, as Cronulla aim to fight to stay in the top four before the State of Origin period.
And Newcastle will be without centre Bradman Best against the Warriors, with the young star set for extended time out with an elbow injury.
Chanel Harris-Tavita will reunite in the halves with Shaun Johnson and new recruit Dunamis Lui could make his debut for the Warriors when they face Newcastle in Saturday’s clash at Moreton Daily Stadium. CHT is returning after suffering a ruptured testicle last month. Front-rower Addin Fonua-Blake has a foot injury which could keep him out long term while Lui has been named on the extended reserves after being signed following Matt Lodge‘s release last week.
Storm: Star halfback Jahrome Hughes (calf) is set to return, while Harry Grant (thigh) is out, meaning Brandon Smith is elevated to hooker from the bench. Interchange forward Alec MacDonald will also miss the Round 12 match due to illness. Jordan Grant and Chris Lewis come onto the interchange bench with Jayden Nikorima and Tom Eisenhuth remaining in the squad of 19.
1. Nick Meaney 2. Dean Ieremia 3. Marion Seve 4. Justin Olam 5. Xavier Coates 6. Cameron Munster 7. Jahrome Hughes 8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Harry Grant 14. Brandon Smith 10. Tui Kamikamica 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Kenny Bromwich 13. Josh King. Interchange: 15. Tyran Wishart 16. Trent Loiero 17. Alec MacDonald 18. Chris Lewis 20. Jordan Grant 19. Jayden Nikorima 21. Tom Eisenhuth 22. William Warbrick 23. Bronson Garlick 24. Jack Howarth
Sea Eagles: As he did earlier in the season, Reuben Garrick has been named at fullback with Tom Trbojevic (shoulder) set to miss 3-5 months with his shoulder injury. Veteran Jorge Taufua is back on the wing for the first time in nearly two years. Jason Saab (toe) may make an early return after being named in the reserves..
1. Reuben Garrick 2. Jorge Taufua 3. Morgan Harper 4. Tolutau Koula 5. Christian Tuipulotu 6. Kieran Foran 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Josh Aloiai 9. Lachlan Croker 10. Toafofoa Sipley 11. Haumole Olakau’atu 12. Andrew Davey 13. Jake Trbojevic 14. Dylan Walker 15. Josh Schuster 16. Ethan Bullemor 17. Sean Keppie 18. Kurt De Luis 19. Jason Saab 20. Kaeo Weekes 21. Viliami Fifita 22. Alec Tuitavake 23. Jamie Humphreys 24. Jacob Sykes
Panthers: With a clean bill of health at the club, Ivan Cleary has named the same 17 for the fourth week in a row.
1. Dylan Edwards 2. Taylan May 3. Izack Tago 4. Stephen Crichton 5. Brian To’o 6. Jarome Luai 7. Nathan Cleary 8. Moses Leota 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. James Fisher-Harris 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Liam Martin 13. Isaah Yeo 14. Mitch Kenny 15. Scott Sorensen 16. Spencer Leniu 17. Jaeman Salmon 18. Robert Jennings 19. Chris Smith 20. J’maine Hopgood 21. Sean O’Sullivan 22. Matt Eisenhuth 23. Soni Luke 24. Charlie Staines
Cowboys: Jason Taumalolo and Kyle Feldt being ruled out with knee injuries means Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow has been elevated to the wing and Coen Hess comes into the starting middle forward rotation. Jake Granville and Jamayne Taunoa-Brown have been recalled to the interchange.
1. Scott Drinkwater 2. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow 3. Valentine Holmes 4. Peta Hiku 5. Murray Taulagi 6. Tom Dearden 7. Chad Townsend 8. Jordan McLean 9. Reece Robson 10. Reuben Cotter 11. Tom Gilbert 12. Jeremiah Nanai 13. Coen Hess 14. Jake Granville 15. Heilum Luki 16. Jamayne Taunoa-Brown 17. Griffin Neame 18. Taniela Sadrugu 19. Ben Hampton 20. Ben Condon 21. Connelly Lemuelu 22. Riley Price 23. Brendan Elliot 24. Brendan Frei
Broncos: Adam Reynolds remains sidelined with his groin problem so Ezra Mam will stay in the No.7 jersey after making his debut last week.
1. Te Maire Martin 2. Corey Oates 3. Kotoni Staggs 4. Herbie Farnworth 5. Selwyn Cobbo 6. Tyson Gamble 7. Ezra Mam 8. Corey Jensen 9. Billy Walters 10. Payne Haas 11. Kurt Capewell 12. Jordan Riki 13. Patrick Carrigan 14. Cory Paix 15. Kobe Hetherington 16. Thomas Flegler 17. Keenan Palasia 18. Brenko Lee 19. TC Robati 20. Rhys Kennedy 21. Delouise Hoeter 22. Jordan Pereira 23. Xavier Willison 24. David Mead
Titans: Phil Sami’s knee injury is offset by the return of Brian Kelly. Maroons forward David Fifita (knee) is in the extended squad as he looks to return from a knee problem in time for Origin selection.
1. Jayden Campbell 2. Corey Thompson 3. Brian Kelly 4. Esan Marsters 5. Jamayne Isaako 6. AJ Brimson 7. Toby Sexton 8. Moeaki Fotuaika 9. Erin Clark 10. Jarrod Wallace 11. Isaac Liu 12. Beau Fermor 13. Tino Fa’asuamaleaui 14. Tanah Boyd 15. Jaimin Jolliffe 16. Sam McIntyre 17. Sam Lisone 18. Paul Turner 19. Herman Ese’ese 20. Greg Marzhew 21. Aaron Booth 22. Alofiana Khan-Pereira 23. David Fifita 24. Patrick Herbert
Warriors: Chanel Harris-Tavita will reunite in the halves with Shaun Johnson and new recruit Dunamis Lui could make his debut for the Warriors when they face Newcastle in Saturday’s clash at Moreton Daily Stadium. CHT is returning after suffering a ruptured testicle last month. Front-rower Addin Fonua-Blake has a foot injury which could keep him out long term while Lui has been named on the extended reserves after being signed following Matt Lodge’s release last week.
1. Reece Walsh 2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 3. Viliami Vailea 4. Adam Pompey 5. Marcelo Montoya 6. Chanel Harris-Tavita 7. Shaun Johnson 8. Ben Murdoch-Masila 9. Freddy Lussick 10. Jazz Tevaga 11. Euan Aitken 12. Tohu Harris (c) 13. Jack Murchie.
Interchange: 14. Taniela Otukolo 15. Aaron Pene 16. Bunty Afoa 17. Eliesa Katoa 18. Jesse Arthars 20. Rocco Berry 21. Dunamis Lui 22. Daejarn Asi 23. Pride Petterson-Robati 24. Ronald Volkman 25. Jackson Frei
Knights: Enari Tuala has replaced Bradman Best (dislocated elbow) at centre while Jake Clifford has displaced Adam Clune from the halves, pairing with mid-season recruit Anthony Milford.
1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Edrick Lee 3. Dane Gagai 4. Enari Tuala 5. Dominic Young 6. Anthony Milford 7. Jake Clifford 8. David Klemmer 9. Chris Randall 10. Daniel Saifiti 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 13. Mitchell Barnett 14. Phoenix Crossland 15. Jacob Saifiti 16. Leo Thompson 17. Mathew Croker 18. Simi Sasagi 19. Brodie Jones 20. Tex Hoy 21. Sauaso Sue 22. Pasami Saulo 23. Krystian Mapapalangi 24. Brayden Musgrove
Rabbitohs: Souths skipper Cameron Murray will make a return from a shoulder injury after he was named on the extended bench. Veteran prop Mark Nicholls is on the interchange after missing two months with an ankle injury.
1. Blake Taaffe 2. Alex Johnston 3. Jaxson Paulo 4. Campbell Graham 5. Taane Milne 6. Cody Walker 7. Lachlan Ilias 8. Tevita Tatola 9. Damien Cook 10. Thomas Burgess 11. Keaon Koloamatangi 12. Jai Arrow 13. Hame Sele 14. Liam Knight 15. Mark Nicholls 16. Siliva Havili 17. Kodi Nikorima 18. Josh Mansour 19. Isaiah Tass 20. Trent Peoples 21. Shaq Mitchell 22. Dean Hawkins 23. Izaac Thompson 24. Cameron Murray
Tigers: Young fullback Daine Laurie (knee) and five-eighth Luke Brooks (hamstring) are big ins. Starford To’a switches to centre at the expense of Tyrone Peachey while Jock Madden has also been dropped for Brooks. David Nofoaluma (concussion) is on the reserves.
1. Daine Laurie 2. Asu Kepaoa 3. Starford To’a 4. Brent Naden 5. Ken Maumalo 6. Luke Brooks 7. Jackson Hastings 8. James Tamou 9. Jake Simpkin 10. Zane Musgrove 11. Luke Garner 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Joe Ofahengaue 14. Kelma Tuilagi 15. Alex Twal 16. Fa’amanu Brown 17. Stefano Utoikamanu 18. Alex Seyfarth 19. Jock Madden 20. Jacob Liddle 21. Tyrone Peachey 22. Fonua Pole 23. Junior Tupou 24. David Nofoaluma
Sharks: Cronulla have breathed a sigh of relief with Siosifa Talakai, Wade Graham and Ronaldo Mulitalo cleared of injuries and expected to face the Sydney Roosters. The key trio were each sent for scans on Monday night after picking up problems in Sunday’s win over Gold Coast. Talakai’s ankle had remained the biggest fear for the Sharks, while Graham had required scans on his foot and Mulitalo his shoulder. However the three stars were named on Tuesday afternoon to face the Roosters, as Cronulla aim to fight to stay in the top four before the State of Origin period.
1. Will Kennedy 2. Sione Katoa 3. Connor Tracey 4. Siosifa Talakai 5. Ronaldo Mulitalo 6. Matt Moylan 7. Nicho Hynes 8. Toby Rudolf 9. Blayke Brailey 10. Royce Hunt 11. Briton Nikora 12. Wade Graham 13. Cameron McInnes 14. Aiden Tolman 15. Braydon Trindall 16. Teig Wilton 17. Andrew Fifita 18. Lachlan Miller 19. Thomas Hazelton 20. Mawene Hiroti 21. Kade Dykes 22. Jesse Colquhoun 23. Luke Metcalf 24. Kayal Iro
Roosters: Sitili Tupouniua is back after a concussion, listed on the bench with Egan Butcher out.
1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Paul Momirovski 4. Joseph Manu 5. Joseph Suaalii 6. Sam Walker 7. Luke Keary 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Drew Hutchison 10. Lindsay Collins 11. Angus Crichton 12. Nat Butcher 13. Siosiua Taukeiaho 14. Connor Watson 15. Fletcher Baker 16. Sitili Tupouniua 17. Terrell May 18. Lachlan Lam 19. Egan Butcher 20. Ben Marschke 21. Billy Smith 22. Kevin Naiqama 23. Adam Keighran 24. Daniel Suluka-Fifita
Bulldogs: Josh Addo-Carr (illness) and Corey Waddell (head knock) come in with Jayden Okunbor and Joe Stimson dropping out.
1. Matt Dufty 2. Jacob Kiraz 3. Aaron Schoupp 4. Jake Averillo 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Matt Burton 7. Kyle Flanagan 8. Luke Thompson 9. Jeremy Marshall-King 10. Paul Vaughan 11. Corey Waddell 12. Max King 13. Josh Jackson 14. Zach Dockar-Clay 15. Tevita Pangai Junior 16. Chris Patolo 17. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 19. Jackson Topine 20. Brandon Wakeham 21. Joe Stimson 22. Declan Casey 23. Jayden Okunbor 24. Paul Alamoti 25. Ava Seumanufagai
Dragons: Veteran hooker Andrew McCullough is due to come back from thumb damage on the interchange at the expense of Buddy Sullivan.
1. Cody Ramsey 2. Mathew Feagai 3. Moses Suli 4. Zac Lomax 5. Mikaele Ravalawa 6. Talatau Amone 7. Ben Hunt 8. Francis Molo 9. Moses Mbye 10. Blake Lawrie 11. Jack Bird 12. Tariq Sims 13. Jack de Belin 14. Andrew McCullough 15. Aaron Woods 16. Michael Molo 17. Tyrell Fuimaono 18. Jack Gosiewski 19. Tautau Moga 20. Jayden Sullivan 21. Tyrell Sloan 22. Josh Kerr 23. Jackson Ford 24. Jaiyden Hunt
Raiders: Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad is out with a hamstring injury and Xavier Savage gets a run at fullback. Halfback Jamal Fogarty was not due back for another month but could play after overcoming his knee injury. Poor old Jarrod Croker is out after suffering a dislocated shoulder at training.
1. Xavier Savage 2. Nick Cotric
3. Jarrod Croker 4. Matthew Timoko 5. Jordan Rapana 6. Jack Wighton 7. Jamal Fogarty 8. Josh Papali’i 9. Zac Woolford 10. Joseph Tapine 11. Hudson Young 12. Elliott Whitehead 13. Adam Elliott 14. Tom Starling 15. Ryan Sutton 16. Sebastian Kris 17. Corey Horsburgh 18. Brad Schneider 19. Harry Rushton 20. James Schiller 21. Corey Harawira-Naera 22. Trey Mooney 23. Emre Guler 24. Matt Frawley
Eels: Winger Waqa Blake is over his knee injury so Hayze Perham loses his spot. Maika Sivo is again named in the reserves and could be a late inclusion.
1. Clint Gutherson 2. Waqa Blake 3. Viliami Penisini 4. Tom Opacic 5. Bailey Simonsson 6. Dylan Brown 7. Mitchell Moses 8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Junior Paulo 11. Shaun Lane 12. Marata Niukore 13. Isaiah Papali’i 14. Makahesi Makatoa 15. Ryan Matterson 16. Oregon Kaufusi 17. Nathan Brown 18. Bryce Cartwright 19. Jakob Arthur 20. Mitch Rein 21. Hayze Perham 22. Sean Russell 23. Ky Rodwell 24. Maika Sivo