TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THEROAR.COM.AU
We (The Roar) invite you to post comments and articles (Roar of the crowd) in a number of areas of the website (comments and articles areas). These include but are not limited to ‘The Roar of the Crowd’ and in the comments sections of articles published on the website.
When using the comments and articles areas, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
If you think that a comment or article that has been posted is offensive, unsuitable or has in some other way breached these terms and conditions, please contact us (http://www.theroar.com.au/about/) with a link to the comment or article and your reasons for objecting to it. We’ll consider whether there are grounds for editing or removing the comment or article and take appropriate action, but you won’t necessarily be contacted as to our decision.
1. We retain the right and discretion (but not the obligation) to edit, delete, reject or remove any comment or article which you post or seek to post in the comments and articles areas.
2. You grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide licence to reproduce, sub-license and deal with any material you submit to us by all means whatsoever (including, without limitation, in print and electronic format).
3. We retain the right and discretion to terminate your access to the comments and articles areas if we believe you are abusing the services in any way, or have breached these terms and conditions.
4. You consent to our collecting and storing your IP address for security purposes.
5. You will will comply with our Comments Policy and will not post any material in the comments and articles areas that:
(a) is unoriginal, or in which you don’t own the copyright, or which in any way violates or infringes (or could reasonably be expected to violate or infringe) the copyright, registered trademark or intellectual property rights of another person;
(b) is (or could reasonably be expected to be) obscene, offensive, pornographic, vulgar, profane, indecent or unlawful;
(c) is (or could reasonably be expected to be) defamatory of any person;
(d) racially or religiously vilifies, incites violence or hatred, or is likely to offend, insult or humiliate others based on race, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any physical or mental disability; or
(e) you know or suspect (or ought reasonably to have known or suspected) to be false, misleading or deceptive.
6. You will not use the comments and articles areas for the purpose of:
(a) advertising, promoting or soliciting any goods or services, or otherwise engaging in trade or commerce.
7. The views which are expressed in the comments and articles areas are not our views, nor the views of any of The Roar’s related entities, and – to the extent permitted at law – we accept no liability in respect of any material posted in the comments and articles areas, nor are we responsible for its content and accuracy.
8. You rely on material posted in the comments and articles areas at your own risk.
9. You agree to fully indemnify and hold harmless The Roar and its related entities against any liabilities, demands, payments, claims, costs, loss (including consequential loss) or damage suffered or caused or incurred by us, our related entities or any third party directly or indirectly:
a) by reason of your reliance on any material posted in the comments and articles areas; or
b) as a result of any material you post in the comments and articles areas, including any misrepresentation, failure, negligence and/or as a result of any breach by you of these terms and conditions.
12. These terms and conditions shall be construed and applied in accordance with the laws of New South Wales, Australia, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New South Wales Courts to determine any matter or dispute which arises under these terms and conditions in accordance with the laws of New South Wales, Australia.