Anyone can contribute to The Roar and have their work featured alongside some of Australia’s most prominent sports journalists.
Conversant Media Pty Ltd 2018 Foxtel Fox Cricket Giveaway Promotion
How to Enter
To enter, Eligible Entrants must be a logged in user of The Roar and add a comment to one of the Fox Cricket ‘How I Missed Out On’ editorial pieces telling us ‘what great Australian cricket moment you missed and why’.
There will be one (1) winner during the Promotion Period.
Entries will be judged The Roar’s editorial team (the Judges) on the humour and originality of the comment as determined by the Judges in their absolute discretion.
Schedule for 2018 Foxtel Fox Cricket Giveaway Promotion
|Promotion Name||2018 Foxtel Fox Cricket Giveaway Promotion|
|Promoter||Conversant Media Pty Ltd, ACN 66 125 644 448, of Level 9, 46-56 Kippax Street, Surry Hills, New South Wales 2010|
|Promotion Period||The Promotion starts at 12:01am AEDT on Monday 22nd October 2018.
The Promotion closes at 11:59pm AEDT on Friday 30th November 2018. No entries will be accepted after this time.
|Relevant State(s)||All Australian States and Territories|
|Entry Restrictions||Entry is open to all residents of Australia over the age of 18. Proof of identification may be required. (Eligible Entrants).|
|Entry Procedure||To enter, Eligible Entrants must be a logged in user of The Roar and add a comment to The Roar’s Fox Cricket editorial series, telling us ‘what great Australian cricket moment you missed and why’. Entries must not contain any content that is obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, objectionable, infringes third party intellectual property rights or is otherwise inconsistent with the Promoter’s brand.
Each Eligible Entry will be judged by representatives of the Promoter in accordance with the Judging Criteria and the entries deemed the ‘best’ (in the Promoter’s absolute discretion) will be deemed a winner and awarded a Prize.
|Maximum Number of Entries||Unlimited:
Eligible Entrants may enter more than one comment in the competition
|Submission Period||Open: 12:01am AEDT Monday, October 22 2018
Close: 11:59 AEDT Friday, November 30 2018
|Giveaway Prizes||One Foxtel Subscription Prize is available to win. The Prize is a Foxtel Platinum HD subscription on an iQ4 box for twelve (12) months inclusive of installation and upfront fees valued at a maximum of $1,893.03 AUD including GST. The prize is subject to the terms and conditions listed here.|
|Total Prize Pool||One (1) Foxtel Subscription Prize|
|Judging Details||Date: Monday, December 3 2018
Time: Approx 10am AEDT
Location: Level 9, 46-56 Kippax Street, Surry Hills, New South Wales 2010
|Judging Criteria||This is a game of skill, so each entry will be judged on humour and originality of the comment|
|Notification and Publication of Winners||Winners will be notified by email within five (5) business days of judging date.|
|Prize Claim Date||All prizes must be claimed by Thursday, December 20, 2018|
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. These terms and the Schedule form the Conditions of Entry for this Promotion, and set out all of the information you need to know regarding this Promotion. Capitalised terms have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless otherwise stated. If there’s any inconsistency between these terms and the Schedule, then what’s in the Schedule is correct. By submitting your entry, you agree that these Conditions of Entry apply to your entry.
2. The Promotion is conducted by Conversant Media Pty Ltd, ACN 66 125 644 448, of Level 9, 46-56 Kippax Street, Surry Hills, New South Wales 2010 (Promoter).
3. Entry into the Promotion constitutes acknowledgement and acceptance of these terms and conditions. Information on how to enter, all entry instructions, advertising material and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these terms and conditions.
4. An Entrant is any person who has entered this Promotion in accordance with these terms and conditions. Entry is open to all Australian residents over the age of 18 years old. Employees or directors of the Promoter, immediate family members of any employee or director of the Promoter, any retailer, supplier, associated company or agency of the Promoter and any person who the Promoter has previously notified are not eligible to win a prize.
5. Entrants under 18 years old are not eligible for this competition.
6. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a person/s mistakenly represents themselves to be a Prize Winner, then that person will be liable for all costs associated with relocating and/or re-awarding the prize (including but not limited to any administrative fees incurred by the Promoter). The Promoter is not responsible for determining any other delivery details or legal, taxation or other regulatory issues concerning the prize.
7. Entries not completed in accordance with these terms and conditions are void. Entries will be deemed void if stolen, forged, mutilated or tampered with in any way.
8. Multiple entries are not permitted. Entrants can only enter in their own name. The use of automated entry software, mechanical or electronic devices that allows an individual to automatically enter the Promotion is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
9. All entries must be an independent creation by the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
10. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the Prize Winner. All valid entries will be judged.
11. Judging will be conducted by a panel of judges appointed to run the Promotion (Judges).
12. Judging for the prizes will take place at Level 9, 46-56 Kippax Street, Surry Hills, New South Wales 2010.
13. Entries will be judged based on the humour and originality of the comment as determined by the judges in their absolute discretion. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The prize(s) are set out in the Prize Details and are subject to any restrictions specified in the Prize Restrictions/Exclusions. All costs, fees, charges or expenses associated with the prize(s), which are not specified in the Schedule, are the responsibility of the winner(s).
15. The total prize pool is one (1) Foxtel Subscription prize.
16. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability, or merchantability of the prize(s).
17. The Prize Winner will be notified by email within two (2) business days of Judging.
18. Any award of the Original Winner’s prize will be made in the Promoter’s absolute discretion, and the Promoter reserves its right not to award the prize if a suitable winner cannot be found.
19. If a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
20. Entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt and not at the time of transmission. Incomplete, inaudible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid.
21. By entering this Promotion, the Entrant consents to the Promoter’s use of his or her personal details (including name, likeness, image and/or voice) for any marketing and advertising (in any form of media) that the Promoter may choose for an unlimited period without remuneration.
22. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the Entrant’s identity particulars (including but not limited to an Entrant’s identity, age and place of residence). Proof of identification, age, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter.
23. The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies associated with this Promotion will take no responsibility for any prize(s) damaged or lost in transit. Once the prizes have left the premises of the Promoter, the Promoter’s associated agencies or the companies associated with this promotion, the Promoter, the Promoter’s associated agencies and the companies associated with this promotion will not be responsible for any delay, failure to deliver, or damage caused to the prize (s) during transit.
24. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who it has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct that may jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from any offender(s) are reserved. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
25. If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law, and subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion as appropriate.
26. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, the Promoter’s officers, employees and agents, the Promoter’s related companies and all those entities’ personnel exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense, including loss of opportunity) which is suffered or incurred by any individual in connection with the Promotion or prizes, including but not limited to: (i) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (ii) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (iv) any variation in prize value to that stated in these terms and conditions; (v) any tax liability incurred by the winner or entrant; (vi) any prize(s); or participation in or use of any prize(s). (vii) any direct, indirect, economic or consequential loss; (viii) any loss arising from the negligence; (ix) any liability for personal injury or death. Nothing in these conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia.
27. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and binding on every entrant. No correspondence will be entered into.
28. The Promoter may require the winner(s) to take part in media and promotional activities, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing and publicity without any further reference, payment or other compensation. If you are under 18 years of age, your parent or guardian must give us this consent on your behalf.
29. All entries and entry details become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter may use the prize winner(s) personal details (including name, likeness, image and/or voice) for any marketing and advertising (in any form of media) compensation, unless the prize winner(s) advises the Promoter otherwise when accepting the prize. By entering the promotion, unless the Promoter is otherwise advised, Entrants consent to the Promoter using their personal information provided for facilitating the promotion, awarding prizes and for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes, and disclosing that information to its related entities and contractors for those purposes. The winner(s) personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments as required by law. By entering the promotion, unless the Promoter is otherwise advised, Entrants consent to the Promoter sending future marketing materials to Entrants including by electronic messages. Entrants may ask the Promoter to access that personal information and request that corrections be made to it.