The Wallabies have won the Bledisloe Cup opener, beating the All Blacks by 21 points in Perth. Now it’s time to rate the players.
They would run up 47 points in their six tries to four victory, scoring more points against the All Blacks than any Wallabies side has done before.
But we want you to tell us how each player fared in the performance.
How much was Michael Hooper’s incredible effort worth? Do Reece Hodge’s two tries put him in the upper echelon? How much needs to be taken with a grain of salt given the All Blacks only had 14 players during the second half?
If you’ve not done our DIY player ratings before, it’s a simple enough process. Hit up the form below and rate each player from 1 to 10 based on their performance. We’ll keep track of the results and publish our findings tomorrow.
You’re free to rate players as you like with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest – or toss an NA on any player not worth rating – but if you’re looking for a bit more detail than that, our handy little guide might help you make your judgments…
1. Had he not played, the team would have been better off. Negatively affected the performance of the side. May God have mercy on his soul.
2. Anonymous. Was he even there?
3. Did some things that you expect a player to be able to do, but did a whole bunch of other things that sucked.
4. Was passable in patches, but not up to standard in a squad of such depth.
5. Performed his role without anything really noticeable happening.
7. Pretty good, actually.
8. Very good.
10. Might as well have been John Eales.