The 2013 NFL draft begins next week and could make or break a franchise’s future prospects. Here is my 2013 NFL mock draft.
You can read the results of my 2012 mock draft here.
Once again, I do no film review of any college prospect, nor do I watch any college games through the season, so this mock draft will more be a review of positional need for each of the teams than a specific pick of a particular player.
Players are chosen from what I believe to be a reputable source – NFL analyst Mike Mayock’s top five position rankings.
Each player chosen is my opinion of the team’s greatest need, and then the selection is the highest-rated available player at that position.
Where I consider the team has multiple needs, the selection is the highest available prospect at the relevant positions of need.
2013 NFL mock draft
1. Kansas City Chiefs – OT, Eric Fisher, Central Michigan
2. Jacksonville Jaguars – OT, Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
3. Oakland Raiders – DT, Sharrif Floyd, Florida
4. Philadelphia Eagles – CB, Dee Milliner, Alabama
5. Detroit Lions – OLB, Jarvis Jones, Georgia
6. Cleveland Browns – DE, Star Lotulelei, Utah
7. Arizona Cardinals – S, Kenny Vaccaro, Texas
8. Buffalo Bills – QB, Geno Smith, West Virginia
9. New York Jets – OT, Lane Johnson, Oklahoma
10. Tennessee Titans – OG, Chance Warmack, Alabama
11. San Diego Chargers – OLB, Dion Jordan, Oregon
12. Miami Dolphins – DE, Ezekiel Ansah, BYU
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – DE, Bjoern Werner, Florida State
14. Carolina Panthers – S, Matt Elam, Florida
15. New Orleans Saints – DT, Sheldon Richardson, Missouri
16. St. Louis Rams – WR, Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee
17. Pittsburgh Steelers – OLB, Barkevious Mingo, LSU
18. Dallas Cowboys – ILB, Alec Ogletree, Georgia
19. New York Giants – C, Brian Schwenke, Cal
20. Chicago Bears – ILB, Manti Te’o, Notre Dame
21. Cincinnati Bengals – WR, Tavon Austin, West Virginia
22. St. Louis Rams – S, Jonathan Cyprien, Florida
23. Minnesota Vikings – OG, Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina
24. Indianapolis Colts – DE, Datone Jones, UCLA
25. Minnesota Vikings – WR, Keenan Allen, Cal
26. Green Bay Packers – RB, Eddie Lacy, Alabama
27. Houston Texans – CB, Xavier Rhodes, Florida State
28. Denver Broncos – C, Barrett Jones, Alabama
29. New England Patriots – WR, DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson
30. Atlanta Falcons – CB, D.J. Hayden, Houston
31. San Francisco 49ers – S, Eric Reid, LSU
32. Baltimore Ravens – ILB, Kevin Minter, LSU
Overall positions drafted
Of course, this mock draft doesn’t account for draft-day trades, which always destroy any good (or bad) mock draft. The NFL draft will commence on April 25 in New York.
Notable players who weren’t drafted in my mock were QB’s EJ Manuel and Matt Barkley, TE Tyler Eifert and CB Desmond Trufant.
Thanks for reading, let me know your thoughts/criticisms!