We are all still in the hangover of the epic Test match series between India and Australia.
This article is about the top three most important players in all eight teams in BBL 10.
To be eligible, a player must have played at least five matches in BBL 10. Find out who those players were.
3. Jake Weatherald averaged 36.08 runs per innings when batting – the most of any Adelaide Strikers player.
2. Alex Carey was a key part of the Adelaide Strikers’ team as he is a quality player. He was the first player to score a century in BBL 10.
1. Rashid Khan took 16 wickets in BBL 10. That’s despite the fact he only featured in ten matches. What was most impressive about Khan’s bowling was his economy rate of 6.87 runs per over.
3. Jimmy Peirson proved what a quality player he is in the T20 format of the game. The wicketkeeper-batsman averaged the most of any Brisbane Heat batsman, with an average of 46.28.
2. Mitchell Swepson only played the six matches, as he was a part of the Australian Test squad. In those matches, he took nine wickets at an economy rate of 6.75.
1. Marnus Labuschange had a good BBL 10, despite only featuring in six matches due to international commitments. He took ten wickets and proved that he may be able to turn into an all-rounder. He had the third highest average of any Brisbane Heat batsman, with an average of 29.33 runs.
3. Scott Boland was a key part of the Hobart Hurricanes’ bowling attack. He took 17 wickets in 14 matches in BBL 10. There was always a chance of the Hurricanes getting back into the match when Boland was bowling.
2. D’Arcy Short averaged 24.64 in 14 matches, which is a respectable average for a batsman in the T20 format. He proved that he could be a genuine all-rounder in the T20 format as he took eight wickets. He was also productive in the field, as he took seven catches.
1. Ben McDermott had an average of 36.54 runs with the bat in 12 innings and accumulated the most runs of any Hobart Hurricanes player, with 402 runs in 12 innings. He also took nine catches.
3. Shaun Marsh averaged 26 runs per innings with the bat in 12 matches. He scored the second highest number of runs with 312 runs in 12 innings with the bat.
2. Kane Richardson was an integral part of the Melbourne Renegades’ bowling attack. He finished with 15 wickets in 11 matches. His economy rate was exactly eight runs per over, which is understandable given he was playing for the team on the bottom of the BBL 10 table.
1. Sam Harper was a pivotal part of the Melbourne Renegades team. He finished BBL 10 with an average of 27 with the bat and 351 runs, the most runs of any Melbourne Renegades batsman in BBL 10. He took nine catches and had three stumpings, which proved he is yet another quality wicketkeeper-batsman.
3. Marcus Stoinis had an average of exactly 33 runs with the bat in BBL 10 in 13 matches. He scored the most runs of any Melbourne Stars player with 396 runs and even took a couple of wickets when bowling.
2. Adam Zampa played a key part in the Melbourne Stars team in BBL 10. He took 19 wickets in 12 matches at an economy rate of 7.35 runs per over.
1. Glenn Maxwell led from the front for the Melbourne Stars. He averaged 31.58 in 13 innings with the bat and took seven wickets in 14 matches when he was bowling.
3. Mitch Marsh is a good batting all-rounder. He averaged 39.37 runs per innings in the 14 innings. He took four wickets bowling, at an average of 18.75 runs per wicket.
2. Liam Livingstone scored the second most runs with 426 runs from 14 innings. He also took five wickets when bowling at an average of 17.00 runs per wicket.
1. Jhye Richardson took 29 wickets in 17 matches in BBL 10. He had a bowling average of 16.31, which is an extremely good effort.
3. Steve O’Keefe took 15 wickets in 14 matches. His economy rate was an impressive 6.93 when bowling.
2. Daniel Christian had an average of 34.00 runs in 14 innings. He took 15 wickets in 16 matches when bowling, which meant that he was an all-rounder.
1. Josh Philippe was the player of the tournament with an average of 31.75 runs per innings. He scored a remarkable 508 runs. He finished BBL 10 with 15 catches and one stumping.
3. Tanveer Sangha proved that he has a bright future as he took 21 wickets bowling leg spin.
2. Daniel Sams had a pretty impressive tournament in BBL 10. Sams had an impressive average of 40 runs with the bat and took 11 wickets when bowling.
1. Alex Hales played an important part in the Sydney Thunder team when batting, with an average of 38.78 runs. He scored an impressive 543 runs in 15 innings.